Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Friday, March 22, 2013
Here is you guide to dressing for the event this Autumn racing season.
This race season hedge your bets on lace, bold prints and ladylike silhouettes for winning track side style!
Derby Day – Saturday 13th April
Celebrate tradition in monochrome black and white; make the look your own with Autumn’s favourite new textures of lace and leather.
Doncaster Day – Saturday 20th April
Go for high fashion on Doncaster Day embracing prints and modern silhouettes. We are backing peplum shapes and belted waists.
Sydney Cup Day – Saturday 27th April
This carnival day is all about colour! Dress the part in block colour, this seasons statement colours are fuchsia, teal, cobalt and red.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
|Summer Legs. Source: http://suummerrlovee.tumblr.com/page/2|
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
|My new purchases|
Although reviewing my selection I released they added my bill wrong meaning I paid an extra $40 and some items had more damage then I released... Slightly disappointed but still over the moon hello "vintage Chanel" so what happened? Simple the rush of excitement over took my rational side which had me thinking I need to formalise my sample sale check list to avoid future rush driven purchasing.
So here is my sample sailing check list;
- Plan a budget as per above case it gets dangerous when the adrenalin takes over.
- Always try clothes on even if the line up is huge. Even if you are always a 10 designer samples may very they also may have fit problems if they were one of the earlier samples in the production process.
- Always check the quality - they are samples and have been tried on and used for selling and photoshoots so double check! (this is were i failed)
- Always wash and clean before wear just as you would with vintage
- Try to score a VIP invite to get the first pick and avoid the masses
- Failing a VIP invite depending on the demand for the designer and if it is just samples or also a warehouse depends on the best time, I suggest for a smaller independent sample sales you want to get there early to get the best choice as they will have limited range and sizes for larger warehouse sales where they have huge amounts of stock I would go mid afternoon on a week day if possible unfortunately for some sample sales like a Peep Toe shoe sale there will be a line up no matter what time you go, so for this one my strategy is take my BFF and arrive super early (an hour before they open) with breakfast in hand and a girly catch up while waiting in line.
Sydney's (prob Australia's) best resource for sample sales is Missy Confidential with a weekly email loading you with intel. Happy Sample Sale-ing